In this world everyone wants to be fit & slim. There are many ways now a days to lose weight but have you ever tried it through a natural process? Here are some of tips you can consider as part of your day-to-day activities to look fit.
1. Intermittent fasting: It is simply known as the cycle between the periods of fasting and eating. It doesn’t specify what foods to eat and what no, but it says when you should eat them.i.e., limiting your meals / snacks to a specific time. For example, 16/8 intermittent fasting involves having food for 8 hours and refraining from eating during the remaining 16 hours.
Other types involve fasting a day / two per week or cutting down the calorie intake notably a few days per week and eating normally the other days. A normal person generally takes 2000 – 3000 calories. On the days which you would like to reduce the calorie intake, take 500 – 600 calories than you normally take. On fasting days go light on your body. A study found that eating in a restricted period of time resulted in losing weight.
2. Exercise & Diet: If you want to lose some weight you should be aware of everything you eat or drink. Add every item you eat to a notes or any application and make a note of calories you consume. Eat high protein breakfast and reduce sugar content.
Eating fiber rich foods, consuming whole grain rice, bread instead of normal one’s & fruits, nuts instead of high – sugar snacks helps you in losing weight.
3. Getting a good sleep: Getting a good sleep is the most essential thing which we tend to ignore these days due to our lifestyle. It is a crucial component of every person’s health and happiness.Having a proper sleep is as important as eating healthy and exercising. Poor sleep not only causes obesity but also results in depression. Those who get good sleep tend to eat fewer calories than those who don’t.
4. Balancing your stress levels: Stress has its own toll on physical and mental well being of humans. Long term stress results in an increased risk of obesity. Researchers found that individuals who had persistently high levels of the “stress hormone” cortisol over long periods of time weighed more, had a higher body mass index (BMI), and a larger waist, compared with those that had low levels of the hormone.
People should learn ways to manage stress in order to lead happier and healthier lives. Here are some things you can consider doing:
- Spend enough time with those you enjoy. Involve yourself in the fun activities that you would like to do with them. Be socially active.
- Accept that there are events that you simply cannot control. Give it some time and see what happens. Let future decide some things for you.
- Keep a positive attitude. Just think that others actions cannot ruin your peace of mind, you are stronger.
- Exercise regularly. You feel much better when you put your body used to a physical activity. It reduces levels of the body’s stress hormones, like adrenaline and cortisol and releases some endorphins and chemicals within the brain that elevates your mood.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Make time for hobbies, interests, and relaxation.
- Be assertive instead of aggressive. Assert your feelings, opinions, or beliefs rather than becoming angry, defensive, or passive.