Acerola cherry is known as west indies cherry. Acerola Cherries native place is south America and Mexico regions. Cherry can be used for jams and juices as well. They are in blood red color as they contain potent antioxidants. It has a sweet and sour taste.
Benefits of Acerola cherry
- Acerola cherries are a good source of vitamin c. As vitamin C is essential to improve your immune system and to fight infections. Vitamin C can treat and prevent respiratory infections.
- These cherries have an effect on your skin as well. They help you get a lightening skin and can reduce skin aging as well.
- Acerola cherry helps to reduce hyperpigmentation also and helps to boost your brain health and can also prevent diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Acerola Cherry Salsa Recipe
- Take 300 grams of acerola cherry and remove the seeds and crush them.
- Now, remove the cherries and take the juice aside.
- Add 1 chopped green chili, a tablespoon of coriander powder and 4 garlic cloves.
- Put on a few black peppers ( according to your taste ), 60 ml of rapeseed oil and salt according to your taste.
- Add 1 lemon juice to the mixture and mix well.
You can have this easy salsa with nachos, salad, hamburger, chicken, steak and with baked potatoes. As you can see it has many health benefits and is a simple way to make. You can also make a fresh smoothie bowl. Make sure you take it in limited dosage or check with expert advice. Excessive intake can also cause stones in your kidneys.
Please make sure and check if you have any allergies. Having more of it can cause side effects like sleepiness, stomach cramps, insomnia and diarrhea.