The registration for the third phase of vaccination drive in India begins today at 4pm through COWin website. You can also register through Arogya Setu and Umang mobile apps. Till now, people above 45 are only allowed to get the vaccination. The third vaccination drive which is going to begin on May 1st, allows all the adults above 18 to get the vaccination shots. There is no walk-in allowed for the vaccination, mandatory registration through the cowin website or the apps should be done.
The Serum Institute of India has priced Covishield vaccine at ₹400 per dose for states and ₹600 per dose for private hospitals, Bharat Biotech has decided to sell its Covaxin at ₹600 per dose to states and ₹1,200 per dose to private hospitals. The Centre, however, has asked the drug makers to lower their prices.
- Hit the URL https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/
- Enter your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to create an account for you and click “Verify”
- You will be navigated to the page then click on “register member” button. You can register 4 members with one mobile number.
- You will be directed to the registration of the vaccination page. On this page, choose one photo ID proof.
- Fill in your name, age, gender and upload an identity document.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Once the registration is completed; the system will show the “Account Details”.
- A citizen can further add three more people linked with this mobile number by clicking on the “Add More” button.
- There will be a button indicating ‘Schedule appointment’. Now click on it.
- Search a vaccination center of choice by state, district, block and pin code.
- Date and availability will also be displayed.
- Click on the ‘book’ button.
- On successful completion of booking, you will receive a message. That confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination center.
Here is how to register for Covid-19 vaccination through Aarogya Setu:
- On the Aarogya Setu app homepage, go to the ‘CoWIN’ tab.
- Under the CoWIN icon, you can see four options – Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, Vaccination Dashboard.
- Tap on the “Vaccination” tab and then select the “Register Now” option.
- Enter your mobile number and then click on “proceed to verify”.
- Enter the OTP and again select “proceed to verify”.
- Once the number verification is done, you will have to upload a photo ID card.
- You also need to fill in other details such as age, gender, year of birth.
- You can register a maximum of 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu app.
- You can also check for vaccination sites by state, district, block and pin code. The date and availability will be displayed. Select the “book” option.
- Once registered successfully, you will receive an SMS with the appointment details.
Any of the below documents can be used to register:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Passbooks issued by Banks/Post Offices
- Pension Document
- Voter ID
- Service identity card issued to employees by State Govt/Central/Public Ltd companies
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of Ministry of Labor
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREG)