There are numerous ways of preparing a sandwich and there are many combinations with which one can make a sandwich. Having said that, a sandwich is the best and easiest option for breakfast as it doesn’t take much time for the preparation, but gives you the required nutrients through the vegetables you use. In the Onion Tomato Mayonnaise Sandwich recipe that I am going to share today, Mayonnaise is the key ingredient. I used store-bought Mayonnaise. Vegetarians can purchase the egg-less mayonnaise and vegans also have an option to choose mayonnaise made from plant-based ingredients. Instead of having pre-packed sandwiches, prepare your own sandwich for breakfast or lunch. Let’s quickly get into the details.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Serves : 1
Diet : Vegetarian
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Mayonnaise – 3 tbsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Pepper powder/Chili Powder to taste
- Bread Slices – 2
Preparation Method of Mayonnaise Sandwich:
- Slice an onion and a tomato. Fry them on a pan with 1-2 Tbsp. of oil. You can also add vegetables of your choice like corn, capsicum, cabbage, carrots, potatoes. (I went simple here)
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper powder/chili powder to taste; Sauté. You can instead use Chili Sauce and can supplement it with mustard sauce or schezwan sauce.
- Add a spoon of ketchup, sauté for a minute and switch off the flame.
- Now spread the mayonnaise on one side of the two bread slices each.
- Add the prepared onion tomato mixture on top of the mayonnaise and close the bread slices.
- Apply butter/ghee on the outer sides of the bread and roast it on a pan or a sandwich maker.
Serve it hot with ketchup and that’s it 🙂
Toasting the bread is recommended in this type of sandwich, as it becomes flavorful and crunchy.
Checkout for more recipes : http://flawlessmania.com/category/recipes/