In this lockdown I had much time than usual, so I started cooking and tried a few recipes. Chili egg is one of the recipes that turned out really well, so I am here to share the recipe. Chili egg is one of my favorite starters. It is a super easy dish which can be made as an evening snack for kids. This recipe can serve two so I am taking required amounts for two people.
- 4 Boiled Eggs
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup of Corn Flour
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt, Chili Powder, Jeera Powder
- 2 Onions
- 1 Capsicum
- 4 Chilies
- Some Cabbage
- Tomato Sauce
- Chili Sauce
- Soya Sauce
- Boil the eggs and cut them into four pieces each
- Take a bowl and add 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 cup of corn flour, 2tbsp. of salt and 1 raw egg
- Add half spoon of jeera and ginger garlic paste each
- Add Chili powder as required
- Mix all the ingredients well by adding water and make sure the consistency is right but not too hard or loose.
- Now add the boiled eggs pieces into the mixture that was kept ready before.
- Fry all the pieces dipped in the mixture in the oil, till it turns out brown.
- Now take a new pan and heat 4 tbsp. of oil
- Add the vegetables ( Onion, Capsicum, Chili ) to the oil
- Let it fry for some time and add some cabbage when the other veggies are almost cooked.
- Add salt, chili powder as required
- Now add tomato sauce (4 tbsp.), Chili sauce (2 tbsp.),
Soya sauce (1 tbsp.) and Vinegar (1/2 tbsp.)
- Add 250 ml of water and allow it boil for 2 minutes.
- Now add the fried eggs and sauté it well. Leave it on for 5 minutes.
- Tasty Chili Egg is ready to serve. Munch it with tomato sauce and onions.