Have you ever tried lemon tea? If you are a morning person who often drinks a cup of tea / coffee. Make a change and try this lemon tea as it has more benefits such as detoxing your body, improving the heart health, lowering calories and helps you with a sore throat as well. Wondering how to make it? Try these simple steps.
How to make lemon tea
- Take two lemongrass stalks and remove the root and peel of the outer leaves.
- Add the lemongrass / lemon tree leaves to the boiling water.
- Now add 1/4th tbsp. Of ginger to the water.
- Later add an inch of cinnamon and jaggery / sugar / honey according to your taste.
- After boiled for 4 – 5 mins, strain everything and pour the water in a jar.
- Now add a tablespoon of squeezed lemon juice into the jar.
Benefits of Lemon Tea
- As lemon has vitamin C it is an immune booster. It also acts against bacteria and is more effective than black / green tea.
- Citrus containing fruits are much more useful for people who want to take more care about their health. As it has anti cancer properties and reduces the risk of cancers.
- It can also improve heart health as it helps in removing the cholesterol fats that line up the artery over time.
- This tea intake can lower your blood pressure and boost your health.
- You can have this time if you are struggling with indigestion. This eliminates all the waste products from your body and flushes them out.
- This can help you improve your mood and reduce anxiety.
- As we all know vitamin c has anti aging properties it also helps with reduction of wrinkle formation.
- Citric acids which are present in lemon can also help you to reduce the risk of having stones in the kidney.
- Taking excess amounts as intake can give you acidic reflux.
- It’s better for a pregnant lady / a breastfeeding person to consult your doctor if you want to have this.
- If you are having any other medications with this please visit your doctor and ask if it is alright?
- Please avoid giving it to children.
- Excess of having this can have side effects.