Instagram REELS: Here is how you can create videos like Tiktok using Instagram reels, which just launched in India. Facebook has been testing Instagram Reels in a few countries including Brazil, Germany, France and now this feature arrives in India. Facebook thought this is the best time to bring the reels to India as the government imposed a ban on Tiktok and there is a huge demand for such an app which lets the users to make 15 seconds short videos.
REELS is launched in India on 8th July 2020, 7:30 PM. The feature is being tested in India, and based on the response the feature will be available for every user shortly.
Reels isn’t a separate app like Tiktok, it’s just a feature created inside the Instagram application, which means millions of Instagram users in India will have this opportunity to try the new feature.
How to create Instagram Reels:
As this is just a test not all users might receive the update.
- To check if the update is available, Open Play store / App store check if the update is available and install the update.
- After installing the update, open Instagram camera.
- REELS option will be available next to Boomerang.
- Click on REELS and select the audio from Instagram Music Library.
- REELS also lets the users use effects and provides options like timer, speed and to edit videos before sharing.
- After creating the video, users can choose to share their videos to their followers on Instagram.
- Users with the public Instagram can share this to everyone and on Explore. This provides an opportunity to be seen / discovered by the wider Instagram Community.