Biryani is something which everyone likes and it is a one pot dish which means it doesn’t require too many vessels to cook just like the regular meals. My mom used to feel happy whenever we asked paneer biryani for lunch in our childhood days because it can be easily prepared and no other side dishes are required, you can pair it with raita though.
Paneer cubes are marinated with spices and cooked with basmati rice making the recipe flavorsome. It is an ideal vegetarian dish which is definitely included in any of the parties and can also be cooked either for the lunch boxes or weekend late night dinners. Let’s quickly get into the details:
Diet: High Protein Vegetarian
Serves : 4
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 40 minutes
Ingredients required for marination:
- Cubed Paneer – 300 gms
- Fried Onions – 2 Tbsp.
- Mint Leaves(Pudina) – 2 Tbsp.
- Coriander – 2 Tbsp.
- Cloves – 4
- Cardamom – 4
- Cinnamon – 1 inch
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp.
- Oil – 1 Tbsp.
- Jeera Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt – 1 Tbsp.
- Chili Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tbsp.
- Biryani Powder – 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 Tbsp.
- Fresh Curd – 250 gms
Ingredients for cooking Paneer Biryani:
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp.
- Salt – 2 Tbsp.
- Star Anise – 1, Cinnamon – 1 inch, Bay Leaf – 1, Cardamom – 4, Cloves -4.
- 1.5 cup Basmati Rice
- Fried Onions
- Water – 1.5 Liters
Method of Preparation:
- Add all the above ingredients in the same order mentioned and then mix it well.
- Marinate it for 15 minutes.
- In a pan/cooker, pour 1.5 liters of water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Now add 1 Tbsp. of ginger garlic paste, Star Anise, Cloves, Cardamom, Cinnamon and Bay leaf.
- Transfer 1.5 cups of Basmati Rice into the boiling water and cook the rice until it is 80% cooked.
- Now spread the rice onto the marinated paneer.
- Add some fried onions and 3 Tbsp. of ghee
- Add 250 ml of water and cook in low flame for 15 minutes.
- Mix well and serve hot with Raita.