Hair fall is one of the most common concerns faced by every woman and unfortunately age is not the deciding criteria. Waking up to losing your hair strands on the pillow or watching a lot of hair on the comb really hurts. Hair fall is caused by a lot of reasons like styling (straightening, hair color) stress, excessive drinking and smoking.
Causes and Remedies of hair fall:
Often we blame our shampoo and conditioner for this hair fall, but they are not usually the cause. Sometimes it can be due hormonal imbalance, get a blood test done and see what issues you may have, like vitamin deficiency:
- Thyroid Imbalance
- D Deficiency
- B3(Biotin) and B12 Deficiency
- Folic Acid Deficiency
Have a look at these remedies which are simple but effective in treating the hair loss
- Drink coconut water daily
- Make sure to include at least some of these items in every meal that you take:
Flax seeds, Barley, Lentils, Walnuts, Spinach, Chicken, Milk, Eggs and dairy products.
- If you see a sudden hair loss, get your biotin levels checked and you can use biotin tablets available in your nearest pharmacy, which does not require any prescription.
- Drink minimum of 2-3 liters of water everyday
Lack of blood supply:
Poor blood circulation can also cause hair loss. Insufficient circulation of blood can also be the cause that your hair doesn’t receive enough nutrients.
Improving blood circulation:
- Scalping massage: Reduces stress and stimulate blood
- Vitamin E: It helps with split ends and hair loss removing radicals that prevent hair growth
- Asana: Consider Sirsasana ( Head stand pose in yoga)
- Cleanse your scalp: Wash your hair at least twice a week. Avoid using chemical containing shampoos, use natural ways to cleanse like soapnut / shikakai
- Onion Juice: It helps in improving blood circulation and hair growth. Extract the onion juice and leave the pulp. Apply the juice for 30 mins and wash it. (Note: Use only on the scalp, not for the entire hair length as it has a strong odour.)
- Bay leaf: It is easily available. All you need to do is wash it and eat 3 leaves every single day.
- Lavender essential: You can add a few drops of lavender essential oil into your natural shampoo and conditioner
Say bye to shampoo:
If you are experiencing hair fall and hair thinning then it is important that you reduce the use of harmful chemicals on your hair. You can use natural hair care ingredients like amla, shikakai, methi
You can try this hair pack at home:
- Take two tablespoons of amla powder and 1 tablespoon of shikakai and make a paste. Cover it and let it soak overnight.
- In the morning mix 1 tablespoon of methi powder and a few drops of lemon along with yogurt to make a smooth paste.
- Apply it to the hair and wash after an hour do this regularly and you will not only see your hair fall reduced but also appears stronger and healthier
Another hair pack to try:
- Take freshly grated coconut in the mixer and add a quarter cup of water to it, grind it to a paste
- To extract the milk take the coconut mix in a strainer press it using a spoon and extract the coconut milk. Make sure you press again and again to extract the milk completely
- Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder in a bowl and add freshly extracted coconut milk to it. Mix it well to get a smooth paste. Let the mixture rest an hour. Now use it as a hair pack for 30 minutes and wash it off with water followed by a natural way to complete the cleaning process. As you use natural ways to cleanse your hair, you might observe it becoming a bit rough. Coconut milk acts as a natural conditioner which makes the hair strong.
- Coconut milk contains all essentials for healthy hair. It has excellent moisturizing properties and it is very effective on damaged and brittle hair.
Tip: Do not procrastinate or look down on oiling your hair frequently. It is like giving the food it requires.