Vegetable biryani is an aromatic dish made by cooking rice / basmati rice mixed with vegetables, herbs and biryani spices. It only takes 20-25 mins to prepare and makes a great meal for the family. It is kids favorite dish and also goes well with lunch boxes. It has its own flavor and can be served without any side dishes. However, you can serve it with raita or any gravy.
- Basmati Rice
- Biryani Spices ( cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves )
- Biryani Paste ( I’ve used the ready-to-add Priya Biryani Masala Paste )
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 cup of onions, carrots, beans, potato each.
How to make easy and tasty veg biryani:
- Heat the pan and add 3-4 spoons of oil / ghee
- Add biryani spices ( 3-4 cloves, 4 Cardamom, 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon)
- Add half tbsp. of ginger garlic paste.
- Now, add some cashews, Chili and onions.
- Sauté them well for 2 mins / until the raw smell goes off.
- Add some veggies ( 1 cup of onions, carrots, beans, potato each. ) You can add veggies as per your requirement. You can also add mushrooms, paneer, cauliflower, peas and many more.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add 1 tbsp. of biryani paste. The mixture turns aromatic after frying
- Now, add 1 cup of basmati rice and spread it evenly and add 2 cups of water and let it cook for 20 mins.
Serve Veg Biryani with raita or palak panner