Oiling your hair in the winter season can be a little off as oil can be cold and sticky. But oiling is an important thing to protect your hair. I’ve known from my grandmother that oiling your hair can help your hair from this harsh environment. Hot oil massage is the best way to pamper your hair in this winter season.
How to do hot oil massage at home
- Take a few spoons of oil ( according to your hair length ) into a bowl and place it on a pan filled with water.
- Warm up the oil for 1 – 2 mins. Check if the hotness is sufficient for your hair.
- Remove the oil from the stove.
- Remove the tangles from your hair before you apply oil.
- You can use your fingers / cotton balls. If it is too hot to use by hand you can dip a cotton ball inside the oil and rub on your scalp.
- Apply the hot oil all over your scalp and massage your scalp gently with your finger for 5 – 10 mins.
- Tie a bun and have shower cap on so that oil doesn’t stick everywhere else.
- You can have it for 1 hour / all night and then shower with hot water.
Best Oils for your hair
Doing a hot oil massage is the simplest thing but have you ever thought which hair oil suits your hair the most? Get to know the types of oils for your hair.
- Coconut Oil – If you are having hair loss and damaged hair with split ends. This is perfect with every type of hair.
- Almond Oil – This oil is an aromatic oil which gives you a perfect smell and helps with hair smoothness and split ends.
- Olive Oil – It helps you with damaged hair, split ends and moisturizes your hair.
- Castor Oil – If you want thicker and longer hair then this is the good one. This oil also helps with dandruff.
- Jojoba Oil – This will prevent hair loss and help with dandruff.
- Avocado Oil – It will help your hair to moisturize your hair and increase the hair growth.
Hot oil massage benefits
There are many benefits with the hot oil massage to get to know more in a detailed way.
- Increases hair growth. Oiling your hair regularly helps your hair follicles to be strengthened which helps your hair to grow faster than regularly.
- Using the right oil also helps you with the thickness of hair.
- By doing a hot oil massage your hair nourishes and shines brightly.
- Mostly dandruff occurs on dry scalps / having dead skin cells which are not washed like those who don’t head bath regularly. Oils can help you reduce dandruff.
- Do you know UV rays can also damage your hair, not only skin. Yes, massaging your head with oil can protect your hair from damage.
- Hot oil massages always help frizzy hair to be reduced if done regularly.
- Having oil helps you with split ends and protects your hair from damage.
- Reduces headache.