Have you ever thought – how to make rose water at home? It is a very well known go-to skin care product which doesn’t need any introduction. From simple skin care routine to facial masks, you’ll find this component in every skin care product. As you all know everyone in kdrama just flushes water on their tired skin. Have you ever wondered what is it? Obviously, rose water. It’s so simple to buy a product simply but I always wonder is it really no added chemicals? Absolutely not whatever the product may some of the chemicals may be harmful in long run. So, Here we’ve brought you 3 easy ways on how to make rose water at home.
It is prepared by distilling the roses petals. So what are the roses used? Any roses can be used. There are many types of roses like damask rose, china rose, rosa queen Elizabeth & Mary rose.
How to make rose water at home
- You may select any type of roses that are available at your home.
- Take 10 roses and remove their petals.
- Wash the petals with lukewarm water to rinse the dirt.
- Take a pan and add the petals.
- Pour distilled water till it covers the petals.
- Let it boil till the color fades away.
- Separate the petals and water & Store them in a jar. It can be stored for 6 months in the fridge and be used.
- The best way we know how this is used is as a skin toner. You can spray it as a toner on your face.
- It can also be used for under eye bags. Dip the cotton pads in the rose water and place them on your eyes for 10 -15 minutes.
- Mix 2 tbsps. Of rose water with 1 tbsp. Of coconut oil / almond oil and add this to the cotton pad and use it as a makeup remover.
- This winter season asks for more moisturization. You can add a tablespoon of rose water with your favorite moisture and use it.
- Take aloe vera gel and some e vitamin capsules and mix well. Now add glycerin and rose water for the mixture and store it in an airtight container. Before going to bed add 2 – 3 drops of serum to your hand and dap them on your face.
- For glowing skin you can add a few roses water drops in a tbsp of honey. Apply this mixture to your face and let it stay for 20 mins. Wash it off and get a glowing skin. For better results apply it twice in a week.
1. How to make rose water toner?
A: Take 100 ml of rose water and add 8 tbsps. of rose oil. Add it in the spray bottle and spray it on your face at night before you go to bed.
2. Can you use rose water for cooking?
A: Yes, You can use it.
3. Can you use tap water to make this?
A: If you use clean water then it is alright. As it is applied on the face distilled water is better.