A popular appetizer recipe in India and South East Asian Countries, Paneer Tikka, a very delicious must-have vegetarian snack at any party. This recipe will definitely give you the taste of a restaurant style dry paneer tikka that you’ve been craving for.
Marinate the paneer chunks, onion and bell peppers for 30 minutes by adding the required spices and curd/yogurt.
Leaving the paneer chunks in the paneer tikka masala for some time lets it absorb all the flavors. After 30 minutes use a skewer to hold the marinated chunks and grill on a stove top tawa or a tandoor. It can also be roasted in an oven, however roasting it on a tawa gives you the desired smoky flavor.
Course : Vegetarian Starter
Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
Ingredients used to Prepare Paneer Tikka Masala:
- 1/2 cup Curd or Yogurt
- 1 Onion
- 1 Capsicum
- 150 grams Paneer
- 1/2 Tbsp. turmeric / haldi
- 1 Tbsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. coriander powder / dhaniya powder
- 1/4 Tbsp. cumin powder / jeera powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. garam masala
- 1/2 Tbsp. crushed kasuri methi( dry fenugreek powder)
- 1 Tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 Tbsp. ajwain / carom seeds
- 2 Tbsp. besan / gram flour, dry roasted
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- Firstly, take a big bowl and add 250 grams curd/yogurt.
- 1/4 Tbsp. turmeric powder, 1 Tbsp. chili powder, 1/2 Tbsp. coriander powder, 1/4 Tbsp. Cumin powder, 1/2 Tbsp. Garam Masala, 1/2 Tbsp. kasuri methi, 1 Tbsp. ginger garlic paste, 1/4 Tbsp. ajwain, 2 Tbsp. Gram flour and 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice, Salt to taste are added to the curd.
- Mix well by adding 1 Tbsp. water and 1 Tbsp. Oil
- Now add onion(sliced like petals), Capsicum and 150 grams cubed Paneer
- Add 1 Tbsp. Oil and mix gently.
- Now keep the bowl aside and let it marinate for 30 minutes. If time permits, you can let it sit in the fridge for an hour.
- Insert a paneer chunk, onion petal and a capsicum piece alternatively into a skewer.
- Apply oil to the pieces after inserted into the skewer.
- I grilled it using a sandwich maker. Alternatively, you can roast it on a tawa. Add 2-3 tbsp. of oil on the tawa and place the skewers on it.
- Roast all the sides uniformly until charred.
- Pair it with Mint Cilantro Chutney, Onion and Lemon slices.
Hot Tempting Paneer Tikka is ready to be served. 🙂